SNG's professional staff includes psychiatric social workers, clinical psychologists, psychiatric nurses, psychiatrists, certified alcoholism and substance abuse counselors, psychiatric nurse practitioners, adult health nurse practitioners and other mental health professionals.
SNG coordinates services with local hospitals, community residences, schools, other provider agencies, HMOs and managed care networks. SNG is an active member of the Long Island Behavioral Healthcare Association, Inc. SNG accepts Medicaid, Medicare, private insurance and HMO coverage, and maintains a sliding fee scale.
SNG offers a wide variety of counseling, support and psychiatric services, including:
- verbal therapies (individual, group, couple, and family)
- medication therapy and medication education
- assessment and treatment planning
- community outreach and education
- wellness management
- co-occurring disorder treatment
- disaster relief counseling
- crisis intervention
- 24/7 crisis after hours availability
On a regular basis, at meetings held free of charge to the community, SNG has presented expert guest speakers on diverse topics, including:
- Alcoholism and the Family
- Domestic Violence
- Child Abuse
- Depression and Suicide
- Coping with Stress
- Living with Bereavement
- Effective Parenting
- Drug Abuse
- Coping with Tragedy & Disaster
SNG operates a thrift shop staffed by dedicated volunteers. Donations to and purchases from this shop help SNG to maintain its nonprofit and voluntary community services.
The Open Door Thrift Shop is located at
2142 Jackson Avenue, Seaford.
Donations to SNG are tax-deductible.